cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antoniohbarros
Frequent Visitor

Forms to Sharepoint list - Multiple lines of text fields not being resgistered

I'm having some trouble with a flow I'm using that is based on the "Register forms responses to a sharepoint list" model.

There are some multiple lines text fields on the sharepoint list, but they are not being registered for some reason.

The following print is from the "Get response details", where we can see the content of a long text field:

antoniohbarros_2-1611152296278.png

And here we can see that the "Create item" is properly set up.

antoniohbarros_3-1611152302266.png

However, it is still not being registered. Both the Forms field and the Sharepoint list field are set to "Multiple lines of text".

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
antoniohbarros
Frequent Visitor

Hey @fchopo, it seems like the problem was me all along.

On my forms, I have sessions with a single question, and they share the exact same name.

It turns out that PowerAutomate suggests the session name as dynamic content too for some reason, thus my confusion:

Forms setup (session + single question with the same name):

antoniohbarros_1-1613045424898.png

Dynamic content suggestion in Power Automate:

antoniohbarros_2-1613045429584.png

Basically, I was storing the session instead of the actual question on my sharepoint list, that's why it was blank.

That sums up the mistery.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you so much for trying to help me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @antoniohbarros 

What do you mean by saying "they are not being registered for some reason.". Do you mean the text is truncated? Or the text is not stored and left empty? Is the flow executing ok or is there any other error? Could you provide more information?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hey @fchopo, thanks for comming to my aid.

Second option, the text isn't stored and the sharepoint list field is left empty.

All other regular one line text fields work fine, and the flow executes normally, it just leaves some info behind.

As you can see in the prints, when getting response details, the field content is there, but it does not save it to the sharepoint list.

Any other info I could provide?

Hello @antoniohbarros 

You can read this excellent blog post by Megan Walker: Retaining Line Breaks In Multi-Line Text Fields From Forms Pro - Megan V. Walker

You could use this expression and test it in your flow:

uricomponenttostring(replace(uriComponent(body('Get_response_details')?['r1023da0d92764a5a8bafaea47bf08572']), '%0A', '<br/>'))

where 'r1023...' is the multi-line forms field.

Hope it helps!
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Good morning! And sorry for the late reply,

I've been trying some other solutions aswell.

I've read the article you recommended, and followed it thoroughly.

Unfortunately that didn't work either, the multiple lines fields still won't be saved to the list.

Do you have any other ideas? This never happened to me before, so I'm considering opening a ticket to Microsoft.

antoniohbarros
Frequent Visitor

Hey @fchopo, it seems like the problem was me all along.

On my forms, I have sessions with a single question, and they share the exact same name.

It turns out that PowerAutomate suggests the session name as dynamic content too for some reason, thus my confusion:

Forms setup (session + single question with the same name):

antoniohbarros_1-1613045424898.png

Dynamic content suggestion in Power Automate:

antoniohbarros_2-1613045429584.png

Basically, I was storing the session instead of the actual question on my sharepoint list, that's why it was blank.

That sums up the mistery.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you so much for trying to help me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,676)