cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivar_neso

Forms to list - then adding more information from secondary form - resolving ID issue

Hi great power people!

User case:

The end goal is to make a automated enrollment process for a school my company is offering.

Today a poor guy is sitting there copy/pasting to Excel and putting paper in folders every time we get an enrollment.

What i got so far:

I got a Microsoft form with basic candidate information on our website, when this is submitted, a flow is triggered and the information is written to a list in SharePoint.

However, they receive a second form they need to fill in, with additional personal information.

My problem is getting the flow to update the existing list item.

I need the flow for the second form to map the answers into the list item created by the first form.

In booth forms they will fill in their Norwegian birth-number, which is unique.

This is what i am hoping to use as a link between the list item and the second flow.

But after much trying and failure, i can't figure out how the ID works for selecting the right item to updated based on the number.

Point 1: Getting answer details - by putting a "2" in the field i request that the answer to question two in the form is the value used when i use the "Answer-id" at point 2.

This seems pretty far fetched, and my guess is that it just uses the forms running id number.

Point 3: I try using it as a link-value to update the element

I am obviously way of, any help appreciated!

(Point 4: Second question, the update item node requires the "Title" value to be entered? Is this because it is set to required in the list it originates from, or because its the default "Schedule-key"?)

Snag_a5e836b.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ivar_neso  Once you apply the filter query it should only get the item that you need to update, currently you are getting all items from list, its better to use filter query instead of filter array.

Below is screenshot of how to use filter query, replace Title with your column name and Name with the value you want to query the item from list.

annajhaveri_0-1612248583975.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Ivar_neso , Get Item takes SharePoint Item ID get the item, do you have the SharePoint item id? If not then use Get Items to query item on another column value. 

The update item requires Title value is because it is set to required in the List.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

Hi Anna, and thank you so much for your reply!

I am trying your approach. And i am guessing i should be using the Odata filter to end up with the correct item from the list. I cannot figure out the syntax for the query. 

- How do i know what information to use to ID the answer/column i want to use for as the query value from the form?

- and what would the syntax be to filter the item from the list based on the value i get from the form?

This is what i got so far...failing massively in tests 😛

Snag_b54b953.png

So this is where i am at the moment:

Snag_b634ac2.pngSnag_b636649.png

So its updating..but updating every item in the list with the same information...

@Ivar_neso the SVAR-ID that you are have in the form, are you storing it in SharePoint list, if yes, in which column are you storing that value? You need to use that column in filter query.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@Ivar_neso  Once you apply the filter query it should only get the item that you need to update, currently you are getting all items from list, its better to use filter query instead of filter array.

Below is screenshot of how to use filter query, replace Title with your column name and Name with the value you want to query the item from list.

annajhaveri_0-1612248583975.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

Ivar_neso

This is my final working solution. 
A big thank you to Anna for believing in me!! 🙂

Snag_ec66fa6.png

@Ivar_neso  thats awesome, i am glad you got it working 🙂

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,267)