Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GTrix
Level: Powered On

Forms to update a sparepoint list using forms

Hi, 

I'm new to Flow and while colleagues have been able to help a little, I'm now stuck. 

We are trying to capture the status of an upgrade progress of hardware and logging it in 1 SP list. The idea being that the form will update the existing data in the list and not just add another row. 

e.g. 

User brings old laptop in, agrees to upgrade, leaves laptop with IT (this is all logged), user then comes back and collect the laptop (this is then logged and updates the record). 

This was going to be done by 2 forms, but I'm open to options. 

This is what I've done:

FormError.PNG

This is the error message (relating to the Get Items filter query):

"Column 'IT_tag_returnedPC' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.\r\nclientRequestId: ea8627d4-7202-4-84af-868d3bfad79\r\nserviceRequestId: 1fc0cd9e--8000-14b6-96ce6302dfe3"

I'm sure I'm just going about this wrong, but I lost. Any help of how to fix this or how better to do this would be much appreciated. 

Also why does Forms set the collumns to the full questions - is there a way of changing this?

2 REPLIES 2
dougallen

Re: Forms to update a sparepoint list using forms

I don't know if this is the problem or not, but just to rule it out, try to wrap the "IT tag of current users laptop" in teh Filter box with single ticks ', like 'IT tag of current users laptop'.  Though, it sounds like it would be alot easier to just have the user or IT person update the list directly and not add Forms to the mix.  What is Forms doing for you that the standard List is not?  If you need it fancy, you could also modify with PowerApps.  

But for the sake of your issue, have you changed the list recently?  Perhaps I would change the List to a different one, then pick your Laptop Upgrade list again to be sure it reads the latest version of the column schema.  

Re: the Forms question, there is no way to change that.  That is just how the Forms connector works.

GTrix

Re: Forms to update a sparepoint list using forms

Hi dougallen

Thanks for your reply. I tried this before, but it seems to take the actual IT tag from the response as a collumn
Error:

"Column 'IT023232' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. ... ."

I'm using a form due to the way the upgrade is being handled - a temporary staff will fill out the form (which has conditional questions to inform them what to do in each scenario) for the user. 
If this isn't possible then we'll have to find an alternative, but it doesn't seem like it should be so hard to implement?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,552)