Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Forward an Email and maintain html and plain text formatting

Hello

I'm trying to use two flows to forward an email from a shared inbox, back to the shared inbox with original body of the email and in the meantime convert the attachment file format. 

Flow 1(received) is picking up the email as it comes into a shared inbox and then transferring the details on to a SharePoint list

Flow 2(send) is then picking up the parts of the email from the SharePoint list and re-sending them back to the shared inbox while converting the file format of the attachment.

I've got it all working however since the deprecation of the html option in 'Send Email (V2)' I'm struggling to find a way to maintain the email body formatting. I understand you now have the option to add this via code body editor but I don't believe this is of much use to me as the emails will all be coming from a large number of different senders, all with their own signature and styles of emails. Has anyone found a way to maintain the original format of the body of an email while going through these steps?

I've added some caps of the bits of the flows I think are relevant. Any ideas would be really appreciated!

Thank youEmail received in inboxEmail received in inboxSend email back to inboxSend email back to inbox

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Forward an Email and maintain html formatting

Hi @Cleonarda 

I can see you are storing the body of the email in SharePoint. Is that stored with all HTML text? What's happening now when you map from SharePoint?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @abm 

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The body is being stored in a SharePoint list, and the column settings are 'Type' = 'Multiple Lines of Text' with everything else left blank or off.

I did try enabling the Rich text option for the column but that didn't seem to make a difference. The odd thing is that the formatting within the SharePoint list seems to be correct, it's only once it returns back to an email that it's lost. I haven't seen any options with SharePoint to enable HTML within columns of a SharePoint list, could you point me in the right direction for how to achieve this?

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Cleonarda 

I was thinking the same using the rich text but looks like thats not an option. Not sure this can be achieved or not.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Just as a quick update, I tried running a test email after turning the Rich Text on again and it has retained the format of the body for the test email that I sent that I know was in HTML, however it still continues to fail to maintain the body formatting when emails are received from external senders. This is leading me to believe that the issue might in fact be that these senders aren't actually using html emails and it's more a question of how to retain the formatting of a plain text email when going through these flows if that makes sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,873)