cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meganschwartz
Regular Visitor

Forward an email - CC receipents

I am trying to create a flow where when I recieve an email, I then have to approve that email using the approval and then when I approve that emai, I want it to forward that email to designated people. However, when I forward the email, I can not figure out how to send directly "To" certain people and how to just "CC" others.

I have a list of receiptants that the email is sent to and then i have a list that needs to be CC'ed on the message. Any idea of if this can be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meganschwartz ,

Do you want to forward the email arrived in your email box to designated people?

Besides, according to your description “I have a list of recipients that the email is sent to and then I have a list that needs to be cc’ed on the message”, could you share more details on this?

I assume that you have a SharePoint list which stores all the info of the To and CC email addresses.

I have set up the flow likes below for your reference.

When an email arrives, trigger the flow.

Initialize two Array variables named as To and CC.

Get items from the list, in which there are two person or group columns named as To and CC.

Add Apply to each, select output from Get items. Within the apply to each loop, add two Append to array variable action for To and CC separately.

Under the apply to each, add two Compose action for To and CC with the following code accordingly:

join(variables('TO'),';')

join(variables('CC'),';')

Add action Send an email, select To and CC variable for To and CC field respectively, configure other fields as needed.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@meganschwartz 

In the Office 365 Outlook Send an email action, click on "Show Advanced Options"  When you do so, you'll see where to specify people on the CC line.

CC1.jpgCC2.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meganschwartz ,

Do you want to forward the email arrived in your email box to designated people?

Besides, according to your description “I have a list of recipients that the email is sent to and then I have a list that needs to be cc’ed on the message”, could you share more details on this?

I assume that you have a SharePoint list which stores all the info of the To and CC email addresses.

I have set up the flow likes below for your reference.

When an email arrives, trigger the flow.

Initialize two Array variables named as To and CC.

Get items from the list, in which there are two person or group columns named as To and CC.

Add Apply to each, select output from Get items. Within the apply to each loop, add two Append to array variable action for To and CC separately.

Under the apply to each, add two Compose action for To and CC with the following code accordingly:

join(variables('TO'),';')

join(variables('CC'),';')

Add action Send an email, select To and CC variable for To and CC field respectively, configure other fields as needed.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

For clarity, I mean I need to forward the message I recieve "To" a certain list of people and then "Cc" a certain list of people in the same email.

I do not have a sharepoint site where I store the two lists of people but I could possibly make one.  Would that be easier than just putting all the email addresses in the "CC" column like the other commenter suggested?

Thanks so much for your input!

I also can't just send another message because I have important attachments and email content that needs to be forwarded to these receipents. So I don't know if this way will work.

Hi @meganschwartz ,

I have replied on another thread you’ve posted, seems that this workaround is helpful.

Please mark it as answer if it works for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,546)