cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forward email as attachment

I need to work out how to forward an email but forward the entire email object as the attachment itself  as you can do with outlook if you grab the email file and paste it as an attachment to another email.

There are other Flows on here on how to forward an email with attachments but not to forward an email as the attachment itself. 

So far I have tried this: 

Send Email as attachment test

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

Have a look at this link

This will explain how to do most of what you are after.Capture-147.png

I have tested the above and I save a working .eml file to SharePoint but it could just as easily be OneDrive or Google Drive per say. Once the file is created and saved, you can use a Get file action to bring it back down and attach it to an email.

Hope this helps!

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

Have a look at this link

This will explain how to do most of what you are after.Capture-147.png

I have tested the above and I save a working .eml file to SharePoint but it could just as easily be OneDrive or Google Drive per say. Once the file is created and saved, you can use a Get file action to bring it back down and attach it to an email.

Hope this helps!

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

If this post has solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution".

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

DeadFishEddie
Frequent Visitor

With the guidance from AlanPs1 above here is the solution I found that worked OK for my needs.

Export Email > Create File > Get File Content > Send Email > Delete File (to clean up).

DeadFishEddie_0-1654091798970.png

Step 1 was to export the email.  My flow is triggered when a new mail is received and the ID that's exported is that triggering email.  This value is used in step 2 as the file content.

DeadFishEddie_1-1654091930746.png

Step 2, Create File.  I picked a folder that should be out of the way.  It's really just a temp location since I'm going to delete this file at the end anyways.  File Name I don't think matters, so I used the message ID of the original mail.  File Content here is the body of the "Export" in step 1.

DeadFishEddie_2-1654092106550.png

Step 3, Get File Content of the newly created file in step 2.  This will be the file content of the file attached to the email.

DeadFishEddie_3-1654092323740.png

Step 4, Send the mail with the attachment.  As AlanPs1 points out above, the '.eml' extension is important and the Body of 'Get File Content' will be the content of the attachment.

DeadFishEddie_4-1654092550490.png

And the Step 5 is the cleanup to delete from the site the Id of the file from Create File in step 2.

Hope this helps.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,500)