cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCH

Forwarding / Redirect mail issues

Hi everyone

I'm having some issues with a flow I've created.

The Flow

1. Start when New mail arrives in Shared Mailbox

1.1 Check if it contains an attachment using a Condition

Condition - (TRUE) Nothing

Condition - (FALSE) Move Email to different folder in current Mailbox

2. Gets attachment

2.1 Check if attachment ends with ".pdf" using a Condition

Condition - (TRUE) Forward email to external Mailbox & Move Email to different folder in current Shared Mailbox

Condition - (FALSE) Move Email to different folder in current Mailbox

The Issues

1. When forwarding a mail, from my mail, to the mailbox it fails with "ActionFailed". The displayed error message is "The specified object was not found in the store. The process failed to get the correct properties.".

2. When I setup automatic Forwarding or a Redirect from O365 to the mailbox the new mails won't trigger the flow.

Can anyone help me figure out why these errors are happening?

image.pngimage.png

6 REPLIES 6
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@DCH , please add Export Email action after the trigger 

annajhaveri_0-1613647166641.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Anna

Thanks! That solved 1 out of 2 issues 🙂
The second issue is still there though. I've had a new email sitting in the mailbox for 1 hour, it will trigger on everything else than automatic forwards and redirects.

@DCH  you mean new email has arrived in mailbox, but your flow has not triggered on that email?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
DCH

@annajhaveri Yes, I've created a rule on my O365 to automatically forward mail to the mailbox. These mails do not trigger the flow to start for some reason.

Additionally, if I test by sending a mail directly to the mailbox it will Trigger from that mail, but only handle the one I just sent.

The other mails which were forwarded automatically is just sitting in the inbox, unread and will not trigger the flow.

@DCH  what folder have you configured in the When email arrives trigger? Are the auto forward and manually sent emails being sent to same folder which is used in the trigger?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri 

The folder is set to "Inbox".

Manually forwarded mails trigger the flow as it should.

Both are sent to the same folder.

From how it looks, Power Automate can't "see" the new emails when it's an "Auto forward".

I've also just reconfirmed that Redirect isn't working as well, as earlier stated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (21,400)