cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasong911
Level: Powered On

From SP list/library, update/add new excel row for each new item added last week

Hi, 

I'd like to use flow to help me generate a content"freshness" report on my sharepoint doc library that so I can tell users when they have content that's approaching it's one year birthday, and see if they still want it..

I'm trying to build a scheduled flow that runs once a week, goes to the document library, and get's the properties for the files that are approaching 1 year old/ have a c"reated by date" that's approaching 1 year.

I'm trying to get flow to take the properties of all the files that were "created" one year ago last week, and place the data into excel, in a new worksheet/tab, and add a new row for each item. I have the file hosted in one drive, and in flow it seems to process end to end, and shows content in the outputs body/ test results, but in excel, I do not see the data.

also would appreciate some guidence on how to restrict the results that are returned - EG: only query last week, as opposed to everything, and how to get flow to give a new/unique tab/worksheet name each week. 

The goal of this is to have an automated report that I can send out to users to let them know their content is not fresh and will be removed if no longer important.

any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: From SP list/library, update/add new excel row for each new item added last week

@Jasong911 just as a comment we don't involve Excel at all but have a couple of recurrence flows that run at 8am each working day to get the documents and pages from the SharePoint intranet that haven't been modified in the last 6 months and send an email to content owner. The reason for that is that they might have updated the document within the 6 months so the created date isn't actually relevant, whereas the modified date is more likely to be (though of course it's no guarantee). Using Flow we send them an email 2 days before the 6 months then on the 6 months date itself with a link to the document or page and a message that they need to review it.

Although we don't delete the document or page if they don't review it - we send another email a month later and follow up by phone eventually - in your case you could use a SharePoint delete file action or delete item action in Flow to actually delete the content. But if you don't want to alienate your content owners you might want to move it to a different library instead.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Jasong911

Re: From SP list/library, update/add new excel row for each new item added last week

Thanks Rob! 

Any chance you could share a few screenshots of your flow? Few a few tweaks I can probably get from A to B.

Thanks again,

Jason

Highlighted
Jasong911

Thank you for your response.

Once you have all of the files / properties, how do you de-dupe the owners so you don't send multiple emails?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,180)