cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eurosiderscalo
Frequent Visitor

From excel to Sharepoint real time update

Hello, I'm trying to find a solution to update the single value that is changed on an excel sheet online also on sharepoint. I can do this by deleting and reloading the entire excel sheet by using flows, but I cannot update the single sharepoint value if the single cell in excel is changed.

Is there also the possibility of doing the opposite? If I change a value on sharepoint it also changes on excel? Alternatively, is there any workaround or solution to which I can connect an excel online file and create a "view" page like this?

Regards

1 REPLY 1
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

" Is there also the possibility of doing the opposite? If I change a value on sharepoint it also changes on excel?"

Yes!

You can have a trigger called 'When an item is created or modified', you search for its mirror row on your excel table, if a match is found you update it, if not you add a new row

The strategy is explained here, implemented by means of 'Filter array' and 'Condition'. Please note you have to handle a Unique ID column on your Excel table to correlate with every mirror element in SP list.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-is-creating-duplicate-entries/td-p/466266

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,474)