cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

From field email notification

I have a flow that will send an email notification. I am using the "Mail" action and the FROM field is showing "Microsoft PowerApps and Flow <microsoft@powerapps.com>". If I use the other "Mail" action, it will show my name as the creator of the flow. How can I make it work so the FROM field is showing who created the item?

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm not sure what you mean by "mail action" and "other mail action".  But if you are talking about the email that gets sent to Approvers as part of an Approval then there is no way at this point to change the From.  Under Advanced settings in the Approval action you can set a Requestor.  The header at the top of the email will say the approval was sent "on Behalf of " that person.  But that's in the email, not in the From.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User III
Super User III

@normmsnpoweruse 

Unless the individual who created the item has granted you "send as" permissions, you won't be able to specify their name/account in the "From" field in an Office 365 Outlook Send an email action.  In the event they have, you can specify their name/account in the Send an email action by clicking on "show advanced options" and entering their email address in the From (send as) area.

Scott

how do you set this up? "send as" permissions

@normmsnpoweruse :

It's not a practical solution.  Each user would need to go in via their Outlook client and grant you permissions.  It could be done by an admin as well or sctipted by an admin I believe.  However, I suspect your users will object.

Scott

Send mail actions are not just to the approvers, it can be anybody. For example, you can create an item then it will send a notification to someone in the HR department.  

In Flow, there are triggers and actions. "Mail" falls under the Action section.

so what could be the reason why MS won't use created by for the FROM field?

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @normmsnpoweruse,

You may need to refer to this blog to ask the email account you need to obtain permission to distribute the permissions to your representatives:

https://kb.intermedia.net/Article/2165

Only after getting delegate permissions can add authorized email address in the From(Send as).

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (21,547)