cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeInCairns
Helper I
Helper I

From field in email action

I pretty sure that the "From" field was available last time I designed my flow. Now it has gone. Can anyone confirm or explain?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MikeInCairns

I found this Outlook Send Email From Field Missing related to Outlook mai.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mmangiante
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @MikeInCairns

what is the email service that you are using? Office 365, Hotmail, Gmail?

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

Office 365

Hi @MikeInCairns

I rember that I never seen it and I searched it because in a flow that I have created I'd liked to change it.

I also done a look in the documentation but there is no sign of "From" field, even in the "Send approval email" action.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

@MikeInCairns

I found this Outlook Send Email From Field Missing related to Outlook mai.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

So i have a SharePoint list to manage Leave Applications.  I want the email to be sent FROM the Applicant (SharePoint field) TO the Approver (SharePoint field).  How can that be achieved if I cannot set the FROM email address?

I found the answer myself here.  The field WAS there but has been removed.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Outlook-Send-Email-From-Field-Missing/m-...

Well @MikeInCairns

is what I replied to you yesterday, maybe you haven't seen it. However, I don't know if the post is about Outlook for Office 365 Outlook or Outlook.com.

About you question, if you notice, for every action/trigger that you create you sign in with an account, so you have to collect the user credential of the account (if not yours) to correctly fill the "from" field; maybe, you could create a generic account (for example, we use a shared mailboxes) if you haven't the credential of that people.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

Thanks  Marco

I dont know what happened but i missed your answers.

I have marked them now as the solution.

Thanks

Have you found a workaround for your problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,301)