Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Magistralis
Helper I
Helper I

GET Outlook folders and assign emails

Good day beautiful people,

I'm working on a flow, which should help me substitute Outlook rules, regarding email segregation.

Flow is done and it is working nicely but my only concern is, that folders are hardcoded.

My flow is working like this:

New email arrives

|

\/

Extract company name from email, (e.g. John.Doe@Microsoft.com will be trimmed to "Microsoft" only).

|

\/

If this is Microsoft, assign to Microsoft folder.

If not, check another rule and loop this once correct will be found. 

The problem is, folders are hardcoded: Output from Compose = Microsoft - if true, yes assign it, if not move to the next rule.

For now I have 8 companies listed and I have 8 Conditions but this probably can go on and on and on, to the point where flow will be unusable.

Is there a way to get outlook folder's names and assign emails based on it's name? For example email from John.Doe@Microsoft.com should be assigned to Microsoft folder.

I saw solution using Graph Explorer, but for now this is beyond my understanding and I failed to implement this solution.

Use mail folders in Microsoft Graph using Power Automate (sharepains.com)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

No way except for MS GRAPH.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

No way except for MS GRAPH.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,222)