Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Generate PDF from SharePoint list item

Hi

Is it possible to generate PDF from a SharePoint list item with all the form data when an item is saved into SharePoint?

I've looked into the option RenderListDataAsStream. but I guess this only converts word documents into stream

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-re...

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Save the file momentarily then have flow to delete the same file once the PDF is created

apndavies

interesting thread but I am struggling so much. I’ve got a simple Microsoft List with only 70 items. Each item has an image. All I want to do is print it out as a nice looking PDF. I’m not a programmer and don’t really have time to make flows etc. Airtable just let’s you create a report and you’re done. Don’t know why it’s so much work to do such a simple thing!

Or am I missing something?

sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

hey @apndavies I am not a programmer too. But if I will be in your situation I will connect a MS access file with your list sync the pictures in my local folder create a form and print the stuff. Otherwise you can add MS word connector but you have to pay extra because is premium. Same thing with plumsail etc.

if you don’t want to use flow 

Thanks Sajarac!

I can't pay extra (company site and they won't want to pay for something seemingly so simple!)

Think I will have to try using a Flow (Is that the same as power automate?)

I don't have MS Access (I don't think it comes with Office 365?). Such a complicated suite of products.

I have done this in AirTable and it was so easy!

Thanks

Andrew

Yes, power automate AKA ms flow. And I guess your subscription came with ms access. One guy posted a YouTube video that this is possible to achieve without extra connectors using OneDrive and other stuff I guess is possible o haven’t tried. But I will search for it and pass along 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,540)