Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Generate PDF from SharePoint list item

Hi

Is it possible to generate PDF from a SharePoint list item with all the form data when an item is saved into SharePoint?

I've looked into the option RenderListDataAsStream. but I guess this only converts word documents into stream

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-re...

Thanks

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted

I have generated a pdf, meeting my requirements. But, I face a isuue in saving each user submission as a different pdf file. Now, the same file is getting refreshed.

Highlighted

How to create a flow that automatically saves with same filename or to prompt the user to enter the filename along with date?

Thanks

Vigneshraj C T

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I tried the same solution but getting error. during create convert file.powerautomate screen1.PNG

can you please help me on that

Highlighted

Sorry for not being able to help you, I abandoned this project since the word connector is premium, I don't want to pay additional for something that should already be included.

Highlighted

@sajarac 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to figure out a way to solve the afore-mentioned issue.

@Vignesh_2112 

Highlighted

Thank you very much!  I have this working now after many tries; many ways.  
I still have an issue, however.  My field from my Sharepoint list is an HTML text field.  So, my PDF is showing all code instead of a nice clean printout.  

To clarify, my content originates in a SharePoint list Enhanced Rich Text field.  It is then assigned the property of HTML text in my Power App and presents beautifully.  Not so much in the PDF.  

Any thoughts on the best approach to fix this?  

html content.png

Thank you.  

Highlighted

Try to convert as a Docx file, then proceed to save this as a PDF file.

Thanks

Vignesh

Highlighted

Thanks for your suggestion, but unless i don't understand, that is a premium connector to which I don't have access.  I did try...no luck. 

Highlighted

Hello,

I've been trying to accomplish this. I'm running into an error on the Create HTML table, BadRequest The 'from' property value in the 'table' action inputs is of type 'String'. The value must be of type 'Array'. 

I don't quite understand this. I'm not a programmer. Any ideas? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Highlighted

did you resolve the issue? did yup try to change the Share point column to Plain text?

Highlighted

It seems like is an error in the JSON structure,

Watch this video and probably you will get a better idea, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLdOO4JPZ2I

Highlighted

No, not yet, which column, it's a list, so I'm not sure which column to use. Can I use any column?

Highlighted

Watch the video first and understand how the data is connected between PA and Flow. You can Parse any value form PA to your document using the JSON structure. 

I am not a programmer too, And I had many fail attempts until I did it step by step. Not quite easy but doable. 

Highlighted

Thank you for the video, it helped. I was able to add the initialize variable for the array. Now, I just have to figure out where it placed the PDF file! 

itrole_44_0-1595602270982.png

Highlighted

Found the PDF file. However, it only has the word Title in it. So I will continue to play around with it to see if I can get the data into the file. Thank you for your help in pointing me in the right direction. 

Highlighted

Glad to help.

this site can help you building your tables.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_examples.asp

And if you only can see Title, probably is not correctly mapped.

Regards

Highlighted

@itrole_44  - can you share your initialize variable and create HTML table?  I'm initializing a variable of integer type from my the ID of my sharepoint list get item.  the HTML table doesn't like that as it wants the array type.  I'm not using PA so i'm not sure what i'm missing here. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,965)