cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generate PDF from input

Hi All,

I want to generate PDF from the input. I am taking input in JSON format from the portal and I want to send an email with the input data in attached PDF. 

How can I achieve that?

1 REPLY 1
chrissahagun
Resolver II
Resolver II

Parsing JSON

Here's a quick video that got me started:  

(153) Power Automate Flow How to: Parse JSON - YouTube

(153) Power Automate - Parse JSON - How to get the Schema (Easy Method) - YouTube

From there you should see that in your next steps, you can easily take dynamic content from the Parse JSON step.

For the file attachment:

1. Maintain a string variable where you'll compose your document using HTML tags.

2. There are Create a file steps under OneDrive / Sharepoint / etc.  Put that string variable into the file contents of the create a file step.

3. There are "Convert HTML to PDF" steps.  Most of them are premium, or need to register/sign in to 3rd party.

4. Save that file somewhere. Maybe Sharepoint

Email

1. Maintain a string variable where you'll compose your document using HTML tags.

2. There are "Send an Email" steps under Outlook.  Put that string variable in the message body.

3. Add the attachment in the "Send an Email" step.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,765)