cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Killianlambert
Frequent Visitor

Generate folders for each item in list

Hi All, 

I have a flow where I want to create a folder when a column for an item is true,

I am having trouble as the flow works at small sets of data (1-2 items) but when I apply it to a large set of data (43 items ) it doesnt work. 

Any possible solutions would be greatly appreicated. 

my flow is shown below

Killianlambert_0-1613042808530.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Killianlambert  so from detailed error it looks like there is issue with input provided in Create new folder, what is value of folder path when the action fails, so that we can identify what is wrong with folder path.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Description should be the title of the folder 

Killianlambert_0-1613491463454.png

10 REPLIES 10
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@Killianlambert  what happens when the flow processes 43 items. Also any reason why you are using Manually trigger flow trigger, you could use When item is created or modified trigger so that in one instance the flow has to create only one folder so performance will be better.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
Killianlambert
Frequent Visitor

@annajhaveri the flows runs for about 30 minutes creates 50% of the documents and then fails. 

I am not using a created or modified trigger as the data is being imported from excel and when imported it did not create the desired folders. 

Regards, 

Killian

@Killianlambert  can you share the error that you are getting when flow fails, share a screenshot of error?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

It just gives me a badgateway error on some of the items. 

What is causing this?

Killianlambert_0-1613490537651.png

@Killianlambert , can you expand the Create New Folder action from your flow run and again provide screenshot of flow run?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Killianlambert_0-1613491007123.png

Sorry see above

@Killianlambert  so from detailed error it looks like there is issue with input provided in Create new folder, what is value of folder path when the action fails, so that we can identify what is wrong with folder path.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Description should be the title of the folder 

Killianlambert_0-1613491463454.png

@Killianlambert , thanks for the screenshot, what is the value of Description, when the Create New Folder fails, you will get that value from the flow run.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Killianlambert
Frequent Visitor

Thank you some of my description fields had '/' in them so the folder path didn't know where to put it. 

Thank you for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (56,429)