cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinsbox

Generating receipt using the Flow

Hi I am fairly new to Power Automate and is looking into generating receipt using the Flow.  I have created a mock Excel list and a word template that are loaded into One Drive.  I am wondering whether anyone can give me a pointer or two because when I finished the flow building, I am getting an error while the flow connector showed no issues.  Below is the picture with Error.   Picture1.png

I created an array variable as suggested by the blog entry: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/intermediate-flow-of-the-week-create-pdf-invoices-using-word-t...

In addition to the error, I would also like to see whether there's a way to enter either a batch number or date and create multiple receipt pdfs using flow.  If not, can I enter multiple numbers and click "manually start the flow" to generate PDF?  I have been going over the community forum posts, but haven't yet find such info.  Please let me know.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @cinsbox

Well, to help you with the error, I think this blog will help you a lot “The selected file doesn’t contain template elements” error in Microsoft Flow | NateChamberlain.com.

And I do believe you can enter multiple numbers to manually trigger your flow:

rrovira_0-1632261574043.png

Cheers! Let me know how it goes! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,851)