cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PaulHollis
Level: Powered On

Get A Row - Status code 400 - "Max Id columns count for a single table exceeded"

Hi. Thanks for any assistance with this issue, which I just cannot understand.

I have built a flow that takes a Forms submission response (an alphanumeric string) and attempts to find that string in an Excel table column. The column contains some blank cells, but I've also tried putting values in blank to see if it comes up with the same error - it does.

The error returned is status code 400: "Max Id columns count for a single table exceeded", followed by the request ID, etc.

I'm further confused by the fact that the connector seems to work in reference to one column (with the same sort of data) but not for others.

My Excel table has over 500 rows, and 35 columns of data.

I have also experimented with the "List rows present in table" connector, but I understand that has a limit of 256 rows - my table has more than that, and could grow to 1000s of rows.

I'd appreciate any technical details of how the "Get a Row" connector works, and what data issues or formatting issues may be preventing it from working.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get A Row - Status code 400 - "Max Id columns count for a single table exceeded"

Hi @PaulHollis ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PaulHollis

Re: Get A Row - Status code 400 - "Max Id columns count for a single table exceeded"

There's not much to it: the Get a Row action takes the form data and looks up one value in a table, then that data is to be used to set string variables used in later actions. This all follows a condition action. And it’s part of a complex flow, but this is the only part that’s causing the issue - independent from the rest of it.

Capture.JPG

PaulHollis

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

Did you have any suggestions on how to avoid this error? What issues may be causing it? Any workarounds?

Thanks for any help. This is really bugging me, and preventing a major productivity improvement for my team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,769)