cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyingspoon
Frequent Visitor

Get Calendar View of Events (V3) Recurrence Returning None When Meeting is Recurring

Greetings, everyone. 

I am in the beginning stages of my flow design, and I am noticing the output of the Get Calendar View of Events (V3) is returning none for recurrence when the meeting was set up as recurring. 

Outlook Calendar View 

outlook-calendar-view.png

Power Automate Flow Overview

flow-overview.png

Get Calendar View of Events (V3) Output:

flow-output-1.png

flow-output-2.png

flow-output-3.png

Ultimately, I want my flow to only handle recurring meetings taking place on the calendar for that particular day. All other meetings without a recurrence will be ignored.

Does anyone know how I can ensure that recurrence does not return none for meetings that are recurring? 

My end goal will require knowing the start date and end date for the recurrence. I assume that if recurrence is TRUE, the start and end dates will be included in the output, right?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@flyingspoon  Currently Get Calendar view of events (V3) does not give recurrence value. As  per Microsoft DOC, it will always return as 'none'

Link- Office 365 Outlook - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

You can compare recurrence meeting subject and find start and end dates. To compare meeting subject, first use select action and pass subject in the map field (do not use key value pair). Then do union of select output that will give you unique subject. After that use apply to each and pass compose output in apply to each value. Inside Apply to each, use one filter array and pass value from get events from calendar action and compare subject with loop current items. If length of filter output is more than 1 then its recurrence events.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,213)