cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewToFlows
Frequent Visitor

Get Changes for an item or file BadGateway Error

I am new to PowerAutomate automated SharePoint flows. I have created two workflow to automate approvals for documents stored in our library. The first workflow for new files is working perfectly. There are different approvals for a revision of a document, and I am struggling on this second flow. I created a trigger for when a file is modified (this trigger works correctly) and then I want to get the changes for the document to see if the body of the file has changed (vs the metdata tags).  I am receiving a 502 Error Bad Gatway and I am not sure what I've done wrong.

NewToFlows_0-1643383754667.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NewToFlows,

I recommend you use the Sent HTTP request to SharePoint action instead to get previous version, there is a blog introduced how to use it, hope it could help you:

Check for a Change in a SharePoint List Column Val... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

In addition, you could check your SharePoint list settings and see if the modified items are the issue to affect your version.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NewToFlows
Frequent Visitor

The errors I am getting are:

{
  "error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""unitedstates-002.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""aca8c3d7-034a-4058-b748-beff57efbf1f",
    "message""BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status"500,
      "message""Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.\r\nParameter name: index\r\nclientRequestId: aca8c3d7-034a-4058-b748-beff57efbf1f\r\nserviceRequestId: aca8c3d7-034a-4058-b748-beff57efbf1f"
    }
  }
}

Hi @NewToFlows,

I recommend you use the Sent HTTP request to SharePoint action instead to get previous version, there is a blog introduced how to use it, hope it could help you:

Check for a Change in a SharePoint List Column Val... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

In addition, you could check your SharePoint list settings and see if the modified items are the issue to affect your version.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Users online (3,683)