Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hvbpb
Level: Powered On

Get Contacts - Create contact

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to migrate Outlook Contacts to google. Unfortunately, I am to migrate more than 1000 Contacts in one go and it appears that my flow only migrates 256 Contacts at once (restriction of one of the connectors).

I thought, it would be a good idea to set up a flow that first gets the contacts from google, compares them to the ones in outlook and then creates the missing ones in google. This way, I would just start the flow several times, and eventually end up without duplicates on the google side.

However, I struggle to find the right solution for this (is it actually a good idea? - I don't know...). I tried an odata filter query on the get-contacts (outlook) and compare it to the get-contact from google, but it doesn't work at all. I'm struggling to think of a better solution..... I really just don't want duplicates in google...

Thanks a lot for your help Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
originalltd

Re: Get Contacts - Create contact

If this is a one off task, you'd be better to export the contacts from Outlook to a PST file. Then import the PST to Google?

hvbpb

Re: Get Contacts - Create contact

A colleague of mine has tried the export-import way with a cvs file. Unfortunately the contacts came out messy, Phone numbers in Notes-Fields etc.

Also, it will be done once for the individual user, but there is several hundreds of users - and honestly, I have no interest in manually ex- and importing lots of cvs', doing the manual corrections later... much rather set up a proper flow, connect to the user accounts and have it transfered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 223 members 4,642 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: