Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sat_van
Helper I
Helper I

Get E-mail address of LockedbyUser

Hi,

I'm running a flow which updates certain file properties. The flow fails if the file is open by someone, the error message says something like "the file is locked by user". The flow works in a loop, so eventually when the user closes the file it updates the properties, however it can take a while. I want to send an HTTP request to SharePoint to get the LockedbyUser and send an E-mail to that person asking to close the file. Now the request I believe should look like this:

GET http://<sitecollection>/<site>/_api/web/folders/getbyurl(folderrelativeurl)/files/getbyurl(filerelat...

However I'm struggling with translating this into an E-mail address to use in the "To" field of the Send an E-mail action. Can anyone help with this part, please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, in the end I managed to find the Parse JSON code to do this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PowerOutage
Regular Visitor

Is this what you are looking for?  

PowerOutage_0-1611354792346.png

Yes, in the end I managed to find the Parse JSON code to do this.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,604)