Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl__D
Helper I
Helper I

Get Email - BCC

Hello, 

I have a flow set up that saves some email metadata (Get Email) to a SharePoint list (Create Items) when emails are received by a mailbox. 

This mailbox has been specifically set up for logging these emails, so we are BCC'ing our emails to this mailbox when sending them to a recipient. 

This works perfectly when emailed or CC'd to the mailbox but when BCC'd the flow doesn't pick it up. 

There is technically an email landing in the inbox so I thought it should trigger whether it was BCC'd in or sent to the mailbox directly?

Am I missing something?

The exact same flow works in LogicApps just not in PowerAutomate. 

Thanks

Carl

Email.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carl__D
Helper I
Helper I

For some reason I couldn't get it to work but found a workaround using 'When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)' despite it not being a shared mailbox.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Carl__D,

This type of action should be able to trigger based on BCC emails.

However, just to double check. Do you have any additional configuration on the trigger action? Maybe a subject filter or a trigger condition in the settings.

And you are using the when a new email arrives (v3) trigger action, I assume? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#when-a-new-email-arrives-(v3)

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Carl__D
Helper I
Helper I

For some reason I couldn't get it to work but found a workaround using 'When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)' despite it not being a shared mailbox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,105)