cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvoinikat
Regular Visitor

Get Emails V3 search query by receved date

Hello,

I have created a flow which is getting emails from shared mailbox and then extract those and move to One Drive. It seems that the serach query is not able to find some emails, despite I am able to see them in the mailbox. 

The language expression I am using is "received<2015-31-05" where I want to extract emails which are older than 31st May 2015. The command returns empty value. If I change the year to more recent, like: "received<2021GetEmailsProcessed.jpg-02-28", then it starts to get the emails. Somewhere in the middle of 2020 the query stops identifying emails. 

Any clue why this is happening and how to overcome it?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @dvoinikat ,

I'm not sure about the limit, maybe there's a limit how many emails it can return at once, but for the original 2015 filter I'd try to switch the month and day number:

received<2015-31-05 
should be
received<2015-05-31

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

I have tried this one (and many others) and no success. It seems though, the issue is not with the search query, but with the emails themselves. For example I managed to collect an email from 2014 but two other were missed from the same period. The two were replies and the one captured was not. Started to wonder whether those old emails have been moved from another mailbox and this is the reason why I cannot get them. 

How can I compare emails in order to look for a reson why some are collected and some are "invisible" to "Get emails (V3)" command?

Hello @dvoinikat ,

I'd check the Outlook online for the messages, the 'Get emails' action takes a look into the online mailbox so everything that's there should be found by the action.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,894)