Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenls
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get Files (properties only) not returning all the files

Hi there,

I am trying to find a file based on the filename but am stalling at an early part of the flow.

The Get Files (properties only) doesn't seem to find all the files.

When I set it up like this;

GetFiles.JPG

it misses files that are located about 3 more folders down - there are approval folders then particular manager names.

If I change the limit entries to folder and specify and exact location it finds the file, but I want this to work from higher up.

Am I missing a setting that will allow it to look wider than it is currently, not sure why it doesn't reach all the levels underneath the locations specified above.

When I find the file I want to delete it, I assume that when I get the file I can build a variable of the location property and then pass that to the delete?

2 REPLIES 2
eliotcole
Super User
Super User

Is it possible that either:

1. The subfolder is a separate library?
    or
  2. There more than 100 items across the various levels of subfolders, @stevenls ?

Because if b is true, it won't return more than 100 items from the Get files action (or any SharePoint multiple Get, I believe).

You can up this limit in the action / trigger settings under the threshold.

Alternatively, you could use the Get items action (threshold is still relevant here) and use the library ID by scrolling down the list of lists, and choosing to enter a custom item.

To get the library ID;

1. open the library in SharePoint,
  2. click the cog ⚙ and select 'Library settings',
  3. then the ID will be in the address bar of your browser after the "List=" definition,
  4. just remove the HTTP code for curly brackets () from the start and end of the ID and paste it into the custom item.

I ended up using the FileLeafRef eq 'variable name from Adobe Sign' to find the file and then go on through the rest of the flow that way.

Thanks for your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,065)