cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finnecs
Frequent Visitor

Get Flow and Delete Flow Management connectors error

I have been unable to use the Get Flow and Delete Flow connectors. There are two options for identifying the Flow for the connector - the drop-down list of Flows in the environment, or by entering a custom value. I would like to use the custom value option as the Flow will be identified using a value from a Sharepoint list.

However, no matter which way I try to populate the custom value I get a 400 error that the provided flow name "contains invalid characters" - the flow name I am providing consists only of letters and numbers in a format similar to this: "Notification Flow 12".

I have tried this using dynamic content from a Sharepoint connector, again with simply typing in the name of one of my flows, as well as multiple variations of the two, all to the same outcome.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way around it? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @finnecs 

I have tried this, and you are right. In fact, it doesn't matter the name of the flow (with or without blank characters, for example). I think that the Get Flow action is using the Flow Id internally to execute the operation. Have a look at the code of the action:

2020-03-10 14_40_20-Window.png

It's not using the flow name anywhere (it's using its Id). Therefore, I think that currently is not possible to use the Flow name dynamically.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @finnecs 

I have tried this, and you are right. In fact, it doesn't matter the name of the flow (with or without blank characters, for example). I think that the Get Flow action is using the Flow Id internally to execute the operation. Have a look at the code of the action:

2020-03-10 14_40_20-Window.png

It's not using the flow name anywhere (it's using its Id). Therefore, I think that currently is not possible to use the Flow name dynamically.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Ah I see, thanks very much for pointing that out.

The reason I was wanting the connector to work was to "clean up" flows that I have set to be created when a new Sharepoint subsite is made for a project - fortunately all these projects are 4 weeks long so I was able to find a work-around:

• putting a 4 week Delay connector on the end of the Create Flow process
  • following this with a Delete Flow connector using "Flow Name" as dynamic content from the Create Flow connector

A closer look shows that this is in fact the internal ID rather than my assigned name. This method won't be applicable to all instances of this error but may have some potential.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,460)