cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PiminMaito
Frequent Visitor

Get HTML file contents and add to a SharePoint List

Hi Everyone, hope someone can help me out here

I get a daily e-mail with HTML content and in it is an HTML table. I have build a flow that extracts the HTML table and saves it as .html file on a SharePoint location. These daily files are in turn used as a Data Source for my Power Bi report -> Power Query has no problem reading this and all comes out fine, so far so good.

I would also like to extract the daily table and add the table items <tr> to a SharePoint list, however, I cannot seem to convert the HTML file in Power Automate (although just opening the file in Excel works fine). 

Does anyone know a clever way to convert the HTML table (which seems to be a String when using "file content") into something useful that can be read and put in as items on a SharePoint List? Seems to me that since Power Query is compatible with HTML, there should be a solution here ? 🙂 Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @PiminMaito  as an action to organice information inside not my friend unfortunally does not exist yet.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata thanks for taking the time to review and getting back to me.

I may have found some sort of solution in combination with PowerBI/PowerApps: here is a blog post.

Basically in my use-case it comes down to this:

Use Flow to extract HTML table from an e-mail and save as HTML

Use PowerBI to set-up a PowerQuery to combine all the HTML into a data table

Then, apply the posted solution of combining PowerBI with PowerApps, from the blog post to generate CSV output, which in turn can be used again in a Flow to put items on SharePoint... 

I'll see how I get on with that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any solution for this topic?

I have the same issue here and unfortunately I am not able to add the HTML attachment content to a Sharepoint List.

Regards,

Henrique

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,798)