Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClintRB
Helper I
Helper I

Get Items - Combine (Union) multiple names (same field) and add to Excel Table

Hi,

I have flows that work for when an item is created or modified that combines (union) multiple names in the same row/field.  I guess because this is always just one instance. 

Applying the same logic to an existing list and filtering by date and then trying to combine (union) the names which are applicable under one field for each row is not.  I have tried multiple scenarios none with the desired outcome.

I end up with either an individual row with only one name, the last name of the combined or the names keep adding for each new row.

Clearly this is not the way to do it so if anyone could shed some light onto which way I should be doing this I would appreciate it.

I have looked at this link however I cannot get it to work this way either. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Microsoft-Flow-combining-Multiple-Values-...

One example below

Flow 1.jpg

Thank you 

ClintRB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GeoffRen ,

Thank you for your reply, I had tried more than 10 different combinations and finally worked it out.  One of the keys was using a skip step.  Originally I had skip set to one but tried increasing it with the right combination and managed to get it to work.

Flow Example Page 001.jpgFlow Example Page 002.jpg

Cheers,

ClintRB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GeoffRen
Microsoft
Microsoft

If you want all the unioned names in just one row, move the Add a row operation out of the apply to each loops. What you're doing is adding a new row to the table for every individual assignee (possibly multiple times per assignee, hard to tell with only a picture of the Flow and without knowing what your structures look like).

Hi @GeoffRen ,

Thank you for your reply, I had tried more than 10 different combinations and finally worked it out.  One of the keys was using a skip step.  Originally I had skip set to one but tried increasing it with the right combination and managed to get it to work.

Flow Example Page 001.jpgFlow Example Page 002.jpg

Cheers,

ClintRB

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,271)