cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Get Items and Create a New Item in a SharePoint List based on Condition of Created Date

Hello Community,

I've built a flow that Gets items from one SharePoint list and Creates a New Item in another SharePoint List, 

I added a condition as I only want to move certain items

I've tried configuring my flow two different ways to get the information I required.

I would like the Created Date no later than 31/12/2019, so I used a conditions Created is equal to or less than 31/12/2019, but I only get a few items added to my list i.e. 300 items, and not the complete list 2397 items

Version 1:

Screenshot 2020-10-01 103935.pngScreenshot 2020-10-01 104111.png

Version 2, I removed the condition and just used Create items

Screenshot 2020-10-01 105951.png

The flow has succeeded either way, but I don't get all of the items from the original list into my new list.

Can anyone help please with this.

Thank you & regards

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Get Items and Create a New Item in a SharePoint List based on Condition of Created Date

Get Items by default gets only top 100 records. You can change the default limit by going to Settings / Pagination for Get Items. Consider doing in in batches so you don't try and copy thousands of items in one go.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Get Items and Create a New Item in a SharePoint List based on Condition of Created Date

Get Items by default gets only top 100 records. You can change the default limit by going to Settings / Pagination for Get Items. Consider doing in in batches so you don't try and copy thousands of items in one go.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you @bnerd 

This is working for me,

Just one questions, how would you make sure you don't get duplications? would you enforce a unique value on a column in the list?

Thanks again for the initial solution

Regards

Claire

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @ClaireAllen , yes I would use "no duplication" for the column and would design the flow not to fail if attempt is made to add duplicate item (ie use Get Item with filtering to check if item already exists before you try to add the new item maybe...)

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hello @bnerd 

Do you have any screen shots of the Get Items with filtering options that you can share?

Thank you

Claire

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sorry for the delay. Hope this helps

bnerd_0-1602594340055.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,765)