cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahkim
Frequent Visitor

Get Items filter not returning recent sharepoint list items

Greetings!

I have a flow that filters a sharepoint list based on the user input from a power app.  The user picks a supplier and submits, then the power automate flow compares their selection to a sharepoint list and returns all the items for that supplier.  This works very well except that it only seems to return older items in the sharepoint list.  Basically, my Get Items filter does this:

Supplier eq @{triggerOutputs()?['body/SupplierName']}

Supplier is the column in the sharepoint list and the SupplierName is what the user selected in the app.

The sharepoint list exceeds 5000, but the filtered rows never exceed 50.  So my problem is that the filter seems to be ignoring suppliers with items created in the last 24 hours.  It pulls all the other items for the selected supplier.  Maybe it's just a coincidence that they are recent.  Could it be that the recent ones are those that have pushed my list size to 5097?  I thought the 5000 limit only mattered if your filter returned more than 5k.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rahkim :

Have you tried making sure Supplier is an Indexed column?  That might overcome the 5,000 item limit.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you add 'ID Desc' in order by and test? 

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rahkim :

Have you tried making sure Supplier is an Indexed column?  That might overcome the 5,000 item limit.

Best Regards,

Bof

Hello @PrasadAthalye .  When I added that to the order by I got this error:

Action 'List_folder' failed

Is this because of the 5000 limit?

Thanks

Hello @v-bofeng-msft .  I added the index to the Supplier and that seems to have worked!  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,951)