cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Get Items from Large SharePoint online List

I have a large SP online List with 60,000 items.

MS removed the indexing limits and I have added an indexed column "Modified".

That all seems fine.

I have a Flow I create to Get Items and then based on conditions I create a report.

But I can't get through the Get Items.  Keeps saying "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator."

Since this is SP Online I don't know where I would go to see if there's some hard limit set or not.  I've found instructions with older versions/On premise for Central Admin Site being able to set this to what you want.  Not sure I fi can online?

Or even if that is the problem.  Maybe Flow is just hard coded not to run if over 20K or 5K??

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Get Items from Large SharePoint online List

@Mattw112IG - Are you trying to query more than 5000 items in 1 call? Can you create a view which returns less than or equal to 5000 items and use that in Get Items?

Other option is to use REST API and run a loop to grab the items with top 5000 clause added. store last ID value and add 5000 to it and query again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Mattw112IG - Are you trying to query more than 5000 items in 1 call? Can you create a view which returns less than or equal to 5000 items and use that in Get Items?

Other option is to use REST API and run a loop to grab the items with top 5000 clause added. store last ID value and add 5000 to it and query again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Thanks I ended up doing similar.  Not using REST API just regular action.  Get ID 1-4999, Get ID 5000-9999, get ID 10000-14999, get...

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,197)