cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanS
Level: Powered On

Get Items from SharePoint not finding column

Hi all,

I've setup a flow to go through a SharePoint list and delete items from it where a column called "End_Date" is less than today's date.  The flow uses Get Items to find the List, and filter out End_Date values using an expression (all shown in the photo attached).

The trouble is, it can't find the column.  I've tried pointing it to another column (Start_Date), and it works.  I've tried re-ordering the columns in the SharePoint list incase it scans the column names alphabetically.  

Has anyone else experienced this happening?  

Thanks

MS Flow Column Problem 1.PNGFlow overview

List Columns.PNGList Columns

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Get Items from SharePoint not finding column

Ok - then the issue is likely how you are referring to the column - you usually need to use the columns internal name.

Try this - create a Flow that has a button and a Get Items action and run the Flow. In the run history, look at the results of the Get Items action and note how the column is referred to - use that in your OData filter.
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did the column exist before you added the Get Items to the Flow?  Try removing the Get items action and anything else that uses the SharePoint connector.  Then re-add it into the Flow.  Also, make sure that the All Items view has the column you want included in the view.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super User
Super User

@IanS 

If End Date is a calculated column then that is the issue - you won't be able to use a calculated column in the OData filter.

As a work around, you can re-create the calculation in your Flow.  For example, if the calculation for end date -s the starte date plus 30 days, take that into account in the expression in your filter.

If you need an example, please let me know. 

Scott
IanS

The column did exist before setting up the flow.  I checked the All Items view, and it's definitely in there (the photo in the OP shows the all items view).  I've just re-created the flow from scratch and it's failed again

IanS

Hi Scott,

The column isn't calculated in Sharepoint.  It's automatically added to the List from a separate Flow that takes data calculated in an excel spreadsheet.

The duration between the start and end dates isn't consistent either - so using a calculation in the expression (i.e. Start Date-30) wouldn't be as practicable.

Cheers,

Ian

Super User
Super User

Ok - then the issue is likely how you are referring to the column - you usually need to use the columns internal name.

Try this - create a Flow that has a button and a Get Items action and run the Flow. In the run history, look at the results of the Get Items action and note how the column is referred to - use that in your OData filter.

Scott

View solution in original post

IanS

Thanks Scott - that worked. The Flow wanted a different name for it (in this instance it was "Date"). I had to make one minor change to the debugging flow you recommended though - I had to specify what view I wanted the Get Items action to get, otherwise it didn't return any column info. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,396)