Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DavidDuchy
Level: Powered On

Get Manager Email Address Common Data Services

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a flow that sends an email to notify the employee and his manager whenever the employee books an annual leave request in Talent for Dynamics 365.

I have managed to map up all the identifiers in order to obtain the leave date, employee name and email address - all that is missing is the Manager's email address.

Capturev2.PNG

Does anybody know if it's possible for me to link up the Leave Request Entity with any entity that contains the details of the line manager?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Get Manager Email Address Common Data Services

@DavidDuchy 

Hi there.  Does your Workers entity include the worker's manager?  If so, does it list the ID (vs. the name?).

I imagine the Workers entity includes the email address of the worker, correct?  If so, then you should be able to do another Get Record action from the Workers entity, but use the ID from the previous actions "Manager" field which should return the data for the Manager (including eMail).

It would be helpful to rename your steps, too, to make finding the right fields easier later.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Manager Email Address Common Data Services

Hi @DavidDuchy ,

Does the Leave Request Entity and the entity that contains the details of the line manager have any same column so they could be linked?

And could you please take a try with the "Get manager" action to get the manager email?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,211)