cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfosterbdp
Level: Powered On

Get Manager V2 - ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Hi There

Hoping somebody can help 

So I have built a flow that looks in a SP library, pick up document meta data , checks if it's over 80 days old, gets email of document user (from the doc name as somebody else saves the doc down) and output a new row to Excel along with their manager email using the Get Manager V2 office 365 connector (looking up on email)

It all works great until it reaches a certain number of documents (Around 90 out of 130 word docs) then I get the error 'ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.' however it says all stages have ran.

It says the error is to do with the get manager stage but I have checked the documents around where the fail happens and in isolation (when I copy a handful of documents to a new location and test) the data pulls correctly and looks up the manager ok so I know it's no an issue with the data. 

Any help would be great appreciated! 😊

Flow.PNGFlow1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mfosterbdp

Re: Get Manager V2 - ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Thank you for the reply 

I fixed it! 🙂 

So the problem was further upstream using the get file properties

Seems it was pulling in too much meta data for our folders on SP then cutting it off

I found the "List Folder" SP much more user friendly where I did not need a filter array to look in a sub folder, I could just use the drop downs. Pretty sure this SP option is fairly new or maybe I did not see it before! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Get Manager V2 - ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Hey @mfosterbdp 

In the flow run history, on the apply to each action, can you click on the Next Failed button and see the failed action there? Can you share a screenshot of that so that we can identify the issue there? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

mfosterbdp

Thank you for the reply 

I fixed it! 🙂 

So the problem was further upstream using the get file properties

Seems it was pulling in too much meta data for our folders on SP then cutting it off

I found the "List Folder" SP much more user friendly where I did not need a filter array to look in a sub folder, I could just use the drop downs. Pretty sure this SP option is fairly new or maybe I did not see it before! 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,774)