Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cedric_de
Level: Power Up

Get Query result from Azure DevOps including links

Hi,

I am trying to create a flow that automatically sends out emails that include a table with a list of Azure DevOps work items that is populated with a query result. This works fine using the "Get query results" connector, however the results do not include links to the respective work items. It is just a plain text table with information on : Id, work item type, state, assigned to and title.

Since I would like the recipients of the email to simply click on it and be directed to the work item in Azure DevOps, I need to know how I can extend the data that is provided in the "Get query results" connector with a link to the work item. Ideally the connector would provide this information, or alternatively I need to find a work around that allows me to achieve the same.

Thanks
Cedric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cedric_de

Re: Get Query result from Azure DevOps including links

Hi Alice,

This is a screenshot of the flow. 

Flow.png

I found a workaround by appending the id of the work item to a static devops link that refers to the project (see "link"column in the "create html table"action), however it would be nice if the connector would directly provide that information as well.

Thanks
Cedric

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Cedric_de ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your current flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cedric_de

Hi Alice,

This is a screenshot of the flow. 

Flow.png

I found a workaround by appending the id of the work item to a static devops link that refers to the project (see "link"column in the "create html table"action), however it would be nice if the connector would directly provide that information as well.

Thanks
Cedric

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Cedric_de ,

Glad that you find the solution, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cedric_de

Hi Alice,

Marked it as solved, however I still believe it would be a very helpful feature if the connector provided the link to the work item "out of the box".

Regards
Cedric

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,104)