cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Get Random Non Repeating items from SP using flow

How can i make sure i don't get the same item more than once when i use the Rand() function in Flow?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

hi @marial16  I suppose that you are saving the random values into a column in sharepoint list, so you can use Filter Array to get only the values that are the same in your sharepoint list or list only the values that not.

filter.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hello,

I dont save the rand values back in SP. 

My flow is an ask-respond to powerapps where i display the random, (questions) in my case ,that i get from flow.

But because it involves 10 questions, i get the same more than once in Powerapps.

@marial16 a truly random selection will result in bringing back the same item more than once, particularly if you have a list of only 10 items. You would need an extra column (called something like Random) in your SharePoint list which would get updated in the flow to "Selected" after the item is returned. Then your filter query in the Get items actions would need to be Random ne 'Selected'.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,170)