cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manc_Gurl
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get SharePoint Column Internal Names

Is there a way in PowerAutomate that I can get the internal Sharepoint column names from a list and store each of them in it's own variable?  

I have a flow which I frequently export and import as new on different lists, the problem is, some people put spaces in their column names, some people don't etc so it's a lot of work manually typing in the column internal names when I'm updating specific column values with JSON in the Item value section of update item. I'd like to store each column name in a variable and reference the column name via the variable in the json e.g.

{

"variable for column name":"column value"

}

1 REPLY 1
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Mmmm... 
Internal column names are a nightmare are perfectly explained by Tom Riha
What is SharePoint column internal name and where to find it (tomriha.com)
The following post includes the description of two common methods to figure out what the internal column name is... but I am afraid both of them are manual

Solved: Sort in GET ITEMS by column with space - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)
The good news are, it seems to be a method to query 'Send HTTP request to Sharepoint' and get back the internal columns name list my means of a GET method

/_api/web/lists/getByTitle('List Name')/fields

GReat stuff here
SharePoint REST API call with PowerAutomate (ludovicperrichon.com)

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,951)