cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landonjochim
Resolver I
Resolver I

Get SharePoint List Item Previous Version Information

I am trying to perform a Send HTTP Request to retrieve the previous version of a SharePoint list item. I realize that you can do _api/web/lists/GetByTitle('ListName')/items(ID)/Versions to retreive all versions and their information. But I only want to receive the specific version I am interested in.

Below is what I am currently doing, and the response I get back. 

landonjochim_0-1634757669899.png

After running the flow.. 

landonjochim_1-1634757788604.png

Any support would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @landonjochim 

you are on the correct way, but the versionID is not used with 1,2,3,4... they have different counting like:

1 = 512

2 = 1024

3 = 1536

4 = 2048

5 = 2560

6 = 3072

7 = 3584

8 = 4096

9 = 4608

10 = 5120

You can also just leave out the () behind the versions to receive all versions then you can lookup what ID are used in the field "VersionId". When you put in these VersionId in you versions() you will receive only this version of your item.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @landonjochim 

you are on the correct way, but the versionID is not used with 1,2,3,4... they have different counting like:

1 = 512

2 = 1024

3 = 1536

4 = 2048

5 = 2560

6 = 3072

7 = 3584

8 = 4096

9 = 4608

10 = 5120

You can also just leave out the () behind the versions to receive all versions then you can lookup what ID are used in the field "VersionId". When you put in these VersionId in you versions() you will receive only this version of your item.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

@MarvinBangert Can it be assumed that whatever the Version Number is * 512 will give me the VersionID that it will understand?

MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

@landonjochim 

I did not tested it on every version, but the schema looks like that, yes.

Best regards
Marvin

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,891)