cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
freeon
Level: Powered On

Get SharePoint share folder/file/item link

I have a flow that creates a folder when an item is created in a list by creating a .txt file then deleting it. Is it possible to then update item in list and add a link to newly created folder? Below is my current flow. Untitled.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get SharePoint share folder/file/item link

Hi @freeon,

Thanks for sharing the flow screenshot.

Are you trying to update the item with the folder link that you created when an item is created? Could you show me more details on your scenario.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
freeon

Yes that is what I want to do. Item in the list gets updated with a link to the newly created folder so I can then navigate to the new folder by clicking link in the list. Also would like if possible to link be named something generic like "link" or "folder".

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @freeon,

I am afraid it cannot be achieved currently. The hyperlink column cannot be updated via Flow, I found a similar request about supporting for SharePoint Hyperlink column at Flow Ideas Forum, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Support-SharePoint-Hyperlink-Columns/idi-p/27662

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
freeon

That's disapointing. Just upvoted. Seems that anything I try to achecive can only be done by a coder. Looks like I will have to find other options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,470)