Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radoslavov
Helper V
Helper V

Get URL Paramethers

Hi All,

I'm having the following dilema; how to get URL paramethers:

Here is an example of forms pro survey send from another system that already pass some paramethers in the URL when sending it.

https://customervoice.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=CgHpGkfg6Uqa9f8VZDLApoueT_zjKsBHvzPp7...zdcustomer=KIRIL%20RADOSLAVOV&zdticket=148

What i'm trying to do is somehow to get this two paramethers from the URL zdcustomer and zdticket so i can use them afterwards to update the survey response so i can assiciate it with the external ticketing system.

Any suggestion how this can be achieved?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
muralidharan
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Radoslavov ,

I tried with some lengthy steps and it worked . You may be required to tweak as per your wish.

muralidharan_0-1621259468645.png

1. Split the text based on the '&'

2. Loop them and construct object.

3. Transfer the object to JSON and able to get the value based on the key.

4. In one of the step, I'm returning the id when the text contains ?id. 

muralidharan_1-1621259727055.png

Complete Flow structure:

muralidharan_2-1621259785780.png

Expressions used : 

Compose : 
 @{split('https://customervoice.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=CgHpGkfg6Uqa9f8VZDLApoueT_zjKsBHvzPp7...&zdcustomer=KIRIL%20RADOSLAVOV&zdticket=148','&')}

Compose 7 :
 @{if( equals(indexOf(split(item(),'=' )[0],'?id'),-1),split(item(),'=' )[0],'id')}

Compose 4 : 

@{addProperty(variables('tempObject'), outputs('Compose_7')  ,split(item(),'=' )[1])}

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Murali.

Hi @muralidharan ,

this might do the work. however my problem is how to get to this part, because the user received an email with invitation to a survey

Radoslavov_0-1621339881677.png

So the url  is now with the desired paramethers, but i don't see any option to get that URL after that. The survey is send via exnternal system with already embeded link to an email template, so it is not send from D365 Customer Voice, and this is the big problem here. If i'm able to get this URL somehow the rest of the loging that you've show will do the work.

Hi @Radoslavov ,

Please have look at the below link and hopefully it should help you to extract the link from the email.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Extracting-all-URL-from-Email-body/td-p/5...

Thanks,

Murali.

Radoslavov
Helper V
Helper V

Still not relevant solution as the email with the URL to the survey form is send by external provider (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) so Power Automate doesn't know about it or have any access to it. The only thing that is related to Microsoft here is the survey response received by the customer, but the survey link itself is embeded into an email template and at the end of it are added the link parameters mentioned above which makes the survey unique every time.

Hi @Radoslavov ,

Please let me know, are you be able to read the Survey response email or not ? and what and all you can access in the Power Automate ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Radoslavov
Helper V
Helper V

Sorry  for the delay, not really i wasnt able, however we've decided not to use Power Automate so this will remain unresolved

Thanks for the help anyway, appriate the time spend 🙂

Regards

Kiril

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,410)