cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Basic_User007
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Get User Profile - Send email to Flow trigger

I am trying to create a Flow which uses the email address of the person who has triggered the Flow which then later sends them the response from an approval workflow. However the steps I have included do not send email to person who has triggered the Flow, unless it is myself who has triggered it.

The other person running the Flow is also an owner so I am not sure what is not working here, any suggestions? 

I will copy the Flow steps below for you to see and hopefully advise what is missing. 

5 REPLIES 5
Basic_User007
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

send email 2 - user profile.png

To confirm it is step send an email 2 that does not send to other owner when they trigger the Flow - how can I get it to pick the email address of the person triggering it? 

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Do you want to send an email to the user who triggers the flow?

Have you shared the flow with other users as Owner?

On the step Get user profile (V2), what’s the return result when other user triggers the flow?

I have made a test for this scenario. The flow is shared with other user as Owner. The Get user profile (V2) will return the exact email address of user who triggers the flow, not only myself.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Yes I want to be able to email the person who has triggered the Flow the response from the approval workflow.

I have shared the Flow with the person who I want to email back already but we are finding it is not working. The only difference I can see from my Flow is that in my send email action it added the apply to each - which I added response then have the send an email trigger, but not sure that this would make a difference for it not to work? 

send an email_apply to each.png

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

I have made another testing by adding Apply to each, however, the flow is working perfectly as well, and email with the approval response will be send to the user who triggered the flow.

1.PNG

What’s the return results of action Get user profile (V2)? Please make sure it does return a correct email address.

Could you share an image of the flow run details as well?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,652)