cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepep
Level: Powered On

Get Zendesk User ID based on user's Dynamics CRM name/email in order to set correct ticket requester

Hi,

We have a flow from a Dynamics CRM opportunity to creating a new Zendesk ticket.

What I want to achieve is that the owner of the opportunity becomes the requester of the ticket. I am unable to query the Zendesk user ID (which I need to set the requester_id) using the Zendesk Get Item action. 

The corresponding part of the flow: https://imgur.com/L6aKwKx

From Dynamics I can get the owner's first name, last name or email address in order to lookup the user in Zendesk.

I tried entering stuff at "Item key" like "Primary Email", email="Primary Email", {Primary Email} etc. where Primary Email is a Dynamic Dynamics CRM field but that always returns a error like:

Invalid Mashup Expression using supplied values.
 inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number.
 clientRequestId: fc3a2fd1-970d-490e-92de-2dc6994ad8e1

Is my syntax wrong? What should I enter at "Item key" in order to get an Zendesk user ID with any of the info I have available in Dynamics CRM (name, email)?

The flow fully works when I enter e.g. "1" as requester_id, but that sets the connector account as ticket requester...

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Zendesk User ID based on user's Dynamics CRM name/email in order to set correct ticket reque

Hi @ pepep,

Do you want to create an  ticket in Zendesk and use an seleted item's requester as the ticket's requester?

I have made a test on my side, you could take a try to create a flow refer to my screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The "get items" action would get all tickets items, and you could add an apply to each and add a condition to filter out only one item that has a requester you would like to use in the "Create item" action. and I have use the subject to filter out one item from the items in the flow, you could also use other conditions.

The flow would run successfully as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

pepep

Re: Get Zendesk User ID based on user's Dynamics CRM name/email in order to set correct ticket reque

Hi Alice,

Thank you so much for your extensive response, much appriciated. 

This is not exactly what I want to achieve.

I want to:

1. Check if a opportunity in Dynamics CRM is won
  2. Get some info from that opportunity that should be added to the support ticket
  3. Look-up the owner of that opportunity in Zendesk based on his Dynamics CRM name or email adres that is similiar in his Zendesk user account
  4. Get the user ID of that Zendesk user
  5. Create a new ticket in Zendesk and set the requester_id with the looked-up user_id

Now a Zendesk ticket is created and requested by the user that is owner of the related won opportunity. 

This is my full flow (that fully works, but missing the link between opportunity owner <> requester_id):

https://imgur.com/a/v7KoQ

pepep

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

Do you have any suggetions for my case (see my post above)

davidpfox

Re: Get Zendesk User ID based on user's Dynamics CRM name/email in order to set correct ticket requester

I am trying to do this exact thing, but pulling data from SharePoint List. Did you ever resolve?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,138)