cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JacksThyme
Level: Powered On

Get a specific email and forward

I have a flow that is taking MS form submissions, creating an email, sending that email to our help desk system, where a ticket is created, and an email reply is generated with a requestID. Since flow is so credential based the emails are all being sent to the same address. I'm trying to use the Get emails (v2) action to find the email in the sent folder and then forward it to the individual that sent the form. 

I think I need to enter an ODATA search query to find the email, but am not having any success. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get a specific email and forward

Hi @JacksThyme,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

I am not sure how your search query is configured.

Could you give an example of the characteristics of a message that matches the search criteria?

Some fields of the Get emails(V2) action can also be used as filtering criteria to narrow the search.

Please provide more details, Which should be helpful for me to share a further suggestion.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JacksThyme
Level: Powered On

Re: Get a specific email and forward

@v-bacao-msft,

Here is the whole flow.

2018-11-30 10_13_33-Clipboard.pngAs of yet I don't have any search query configured, because I'm not sure how to write ODATA filter queries. I don't really understand the syntax and how to use it.

As you can see in the flow, the submission of a new MS Form response is the trigger. Since MS forms pulls the the wrong name into the output I'm using the Get user profile (V2) to get the display name to use in the email that is sent to the ServiceDesk. That is where all the easy stuff ends. 

The Service Desk email is being sent with the ServiceDesk credentials and our helpdesk software (SDM) automatically creates a request ID with ServicDesk as the requester. Then SDM replies to the ServiceDesk credentials with an email that contains the Request ID.

As a work around I was hoping to use the Get emails (V2) action to find the reply email and parse out the relevant details to construct a whole new email to send to the user that responded to the MS Form.

Below is a screenshot of the email sent from ServiceDesk to ServiceDesk as a reply to the email sent from the flow. I'd ultimately want to pull out the request ID to craft the email to the user.

Does that all make sense?

2018-11-15 14_58_03-Microsoft Edge.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,354)