Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandonMcG
Resolver I
Resolver I

Get all attachments from a sharepoint item combine to PDF

Good morning! 

Has anyone ever had to get all the attachments on a SharePoint item and convert/merge them to a single PDF? 

I am able to get all the attachments and convert to PDF (even if they are already PDF) and attach back to the SharePoint Item, but I cannot figure out how to essentially staple all the converted PDF's into one.

Is something like this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

6 REPLIES 6
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @BrandonMcG  here is an excellent post that I know could help you.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Merge-SharePoint-documents-using-M...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @BrandonMcG 

Unfortunately, merging documents to a single PDF document is not provided by native power automate actions and you will need a third party connector.

The following article outlines how to merge a collection of SharePoint files to a single PDF document, noting you'd need to change the SharePoint 'Get Files' action to the 'Get Attachments' action:

https://support.encodian.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014632213-Merge-document-array-to-PDF

NOTE: You don't need to convert the documents to PDF before merging... the action will convert any non-PDF's to PDF and then merge.

HTH

Jay

We are not opposed to using a 3rd party platform however the documents are not in a "Library" they are attached to a SharePoint Item so the instructions are hard to follow and the data the controls have is different.

Hey@BrandonMcG 

Give me a few hours, I'll pull some detailed instructions together for you.

@BrandonMcG 

Do you have what you need to progress this one?

Cheers J

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,043)