cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Get bookings from power automate

Hello Community Experts,

How do i get the booking details from Microsoft bookings? I don't find any trigger for that.

How do i achieve this requirement?

Kindly guide

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Sumaira,

I just saw Microsoft Booking is connected to a specific account with a calendar. So it would be possible by using the when a new event is created (V3) trigger. 

1. Go to the booking page an check which account is used for the booking calendar

bookingcalendaraccount.png

2. Add a new event is created (V3) trigger action and make sure you are use the account from step 1

bookingaccountconnection.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Sumaira,

As far as I am aware there is no connector for this product yet. I do see a UserVoice idea for this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Triggers-for-Bookings/idi-p/594425

You could interact with Booking via the Graph API though: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/booking-api-overview?view=graph-rest-beta

@Expiscornovus thanks for the response

Can you please advise me on how to use graph api with power automate?

Best regards!

@Expiscornovus I want to have a trigger of when a booking is created

How do i do that

Its an urgent high priority requirement

Please guide @Expiscornovus 

Best regards!

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Sumaira,

I just saw Microsoft Booking is connected to a specific account with a calendar. So it would be possible by using the when a new event is created (V3) trigger. 

1. Go to the booking page an check which account is used for the booking calendar

bookingcalendaraccount.png

2. Add a new event is created (V3) trigger action and make sure you are use the account from step 1

bookingaccountconnection.png

View solution in original post

@Expiscornovus Many thanks for the response

how do i get below details please advise

specific booking’s
1. date and time
2. Microsoft Teams join URL
3. Microsoft Teams dial-in conference

Thanks!

This looks like a great workaround, at least for triggering an action when a new booking is made. But, will it be possible to extract the individual data fields from Bookings using this method? E.g. say you have fields like name, phone number, email and perhaps a few custom questions in your booking form; how could you extract these from the calendar event and use them in your flow? 

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @tslupphaug & @Sumaira,

I believe that information is stored in the body of the event. Normally the body content looks a bit like this.

NOTE: This is a read-only view of the booking.
Please use Microsoft Bookings for web, iOS or Android to edit this booking.
Any changes made here will be lost.

Customer Info
--------------------
Name: Contoso Sports
Email: contososports@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com
Phone Number: 0123456789

Booking Info
--------------------
Service name: Initial consult

Internal Notes
-----------------------
This is where you can add notes about this service that only you and your staff
see.

A possible solution could be to use some split functions to extract that data. 

Below is an example of how to use that approach to extract the customer name from the body. You have to repeat that same approach for the other fields though.

1. Add an HTML to text action. Use the body dynamic value from the event trigger actionbody_eventemail.png

2. Add an compose action. Use the following expression to extract the customer name from the body with two split functions.

split(split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'], 'Name: ')?[1], 'Email: ')?[0]

customernameextraction.png

Thanks a lot @Expiscornovus! I managed to get this working with Name and Email, but, when I try to extract custom fields I get an error message.

Calendar event body (the part I'm failing to extract text from):

Egendefinerte felter
----------------------
Spørsmål 1 – Bedrift
 Svar – Testbedriften AS
Spørsmål 2 – 

The text I'm trying to extract here is "Testbedriften AS". Expression:

split(split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'], 'Bedrift Svar – ')?[1], 'Spørsmål 2')?[0]

Error message received when running the flow:

image.png

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @tslupphaug,

It looks like it can't find 'Bedrift Svar - '. I think this is because part of that text is on a new line.

Can you try and use this expression instead:

split(split(outputs('Compose_3'), 'Svar – ')?[1], 'Spørsmål 2')?[0]

@Expiscornovus: My problem here is that the "Custom fields" consists of multiple questions and answers, where all answers are being preceeded with just "Answer - " ("Svar" in Norwegian). If I don't include the preceding line, I won't be able to identify the right line to choose.

So if you have e.g. 3 custom fields, it will show up something like this:

Custom fields
----------------------
Question 1 – Company
 Answer – Company A
Question 2 – Nationality
 Answer – Norwegian
Question 3 – Your date of birth
 Answer – 01.02.1987

Internal Notes
-----------------------

(sorry for not being clear about this in my previous post)

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @tslupphaug,

Thanks for explaining that. My Norwegian is not that good 😉

In that case you can split on the 'Question 1 - Company' part, that should be unique enough. And if you want to remove the answer part you can use a third split function or maybe a replace function instead of that could also be an option.

split(split(split(outputs('Compose_3'), 'Spørsmål 1 – Bedrift')?[1], 'Svar – ')?[1], 'Spørsmål 2 – ')?[0]

@Expiscornovus Thanks again for all your help, couldn't have done it without you! I got it all to work now, with a few minor tweaks.

An advice for anyone attempting the same as me: if you're running into problems, start with simpler splits to begin with. Then work your way step by step. And be aware that " - " is not the same as " – ".

@Expiscornovus Thanks a lot for the help

I'm struggling with below scenario now with respect to booking, when booking is created in ms booking, i want multiple customers Name, phone number and email ID to send sms and emails to them at once

I checked using same approach ,but it is not giving me customers details there

Can you please suggest me how do i get multiple customers details to send sms to them?

Please guide,

Thanks in Advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (27,522)