Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyolb28
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Get calendar id of the users main calendar in Exchange

Hi,

i try to make a flow which should be used by many different people.

I want to create a new Calendar Element in the peoples main calendar.

But how do i know the id?

Hope it is possible to get the id of the users main calendar. 

Greetings from Germany

Andy

flow get calendar id.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Flow Community user @DaveMNCPA wrote a very detailed step-by-step Instructions for creating a Flow for notification of upcoming event on a resource calen.... Below is a copy/paste of his steps: 

Instructions for creating a Flow for notification of upcoming event on a resource calendar.  (this assumes you have an o365 account that includes Flow)

1. Login to O365 portal office.com
  2. Click on the waffle icon at top left and select Flow (may need to click see all apps)
  3. Select My Flows at the top if you aren’t already there.
  4. Select create from blank or create from template on the top bar.(my example I’m choosing create from blank)
  5. Create from blank opens a new window, just choose create from blank button on this screen
  6. It will prompt for a tigger/connector, choose Office 365 Outlook icon, scroll down the resulting list and select "When an upcoming event is starting soon"
  7. Click on the three dots in the top left of the blue bar on the first flow step
  8. If you are creating a notice based on your own calendar select your email address in the resulting menu under "My Connections". If this is for a resource or other calendar you will need to add a new connection if not listed.
    1. Click add new connection
    2. Supply the email address of the resource calendar and enter the password.
      1. A password will need to be created for the resource. By default resources either don't have a password or it isn't known when it is initially setup. Go to the users section in O365 admin to add the password.
      2. Enter in a password and uncheck the box for having the person needing to change it upon login.
  9. After the connection is chosen, select "Calendar" from the drop down box in this first step
  10. If you wish to change from the default look ahead of 15 minutes, click on "Show advanced options" link and add in your value in minutes.
  11. Click Next Step, then add action
  12. Pick the Office 365 Outlook connector as we are going to send an email, then scroll down and pick "Send an Email" option
  13. Fill in the fields and click Save.
  14. You have now completed the flow and you can test it by adding a calendar item to the resource calendar you used above for the connector. Remember to set the event out further than the look ahead time you set.
  15. Check your email box for the email once the look ahead time has passed. If you don't get an email check the Run History for the Flow to see any error messages. If it runs it should show "Succeeded" with a green check

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Flow Community user @DaveMNCPA wrote a very detailed step-by-step Instructions for creating a Flow for notification of upcoming event on a resource calen.... Below is a copy/paste of his steps: 

Instructions for creating a Flow for notification of upcoming event on a resource calendar.  (this assumes you have an o365 account that includes Flow)

1. Login to O365 portal office.com
  2. Click on the waffle icon at top left and select Flow (may need to click see all apps)
  3. Select My Flows at the top if you aren’t already there.
  4. Select create from blank or create from template on the top bar.(my example I’m choosing create from blank)
  5. Create from blank opens a new window, just choose create from blank button on this screen
  6. It will prompt for a tigger/connector, choose Office 365 Outlook icon, scroll down the resulting list and select "When an upcoming event is starting soon"
  7. Click on the three dots in the top left of the blue bar on the first flow step
  8. If you are creating a notice based on your own calendar select your email address in the resulting menu under "My Connections". If this is for a resource or other calendar you will need to add a new connection if not listed.
    1. Click add new connection
    2. Supply the email address of the resource calendar and enter the password.
      1. A password will need to be created for the resource. By default resources either don't have a password or it isn't known when it is initially setup. Go to the users section in O365 admin to add the password.
      2. Enter in a password and uncheck the box for having the person needing to change it upon login.
  9. After the connection is chosen, select "Calendar" from the drop down box in this first step
  10. If you wish to change from the default look ahead of 15 minutes, click on "Show advanced options" link and add in your value in minutes.
  11. Click Next Step, then add action
  12. Pick the Office 365 Outlook connector as we are going to send an email, then scroll down and pick "Send an Email" option
  13. Fill in the fields and click Save.
  14. You have now completed the flow and you can test it by adding a calendar item to the resource calendar you used above for the connector. Remember to set the event out further than the look ahead time you set.
  15. Check your email box for the email once the look ahead time has passed. If you don't get an email check the Run History for the Flow to see any error messages. If it runs it should show "Succeeded" with a green check

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

THANKS... its is owrking now with this solution:

I did a "Get Calendars"  --> For Each , input [Value] --> by default all calendars in my organization is named "Calendar", so in the 'For Each' I did a 'Condition' and asked [DisplayName] from Get-Calendar contains 'Calendar' - then create event and CalendarID is 'Name' from Get-Calendars...

Thank you so much for this solution.

@andyolb28 wrote:

THANKS... its is owrking now with this solution:

I did a "Get Calendars"  --> For Each , input [Value] --> by default all calendars in my organization is named "Calendar", so in the 'For Each' I did a 'Condition' and asked [DisplayName] from Get-Calendar contains 'Calendar' - then create event and CalendarID is 'Name' from Get-Calendars...

Hello All,

I have done exactly as the steps mentioned above but I get a false output when the flow runs.

CalendarEvent.png

Anyone has a solution?

Change the if statement from "Contains" to "is equal to" Calendar

It still shows the output as false. CalendarFlowTest.png

I also tried running the flow with the condition and it showed me the following error "Read only calendars can't be modified".

ReadOnlyCalendarsError.png

Hi, can you show me how it is looks like?

JimmyWork
Power Participant
Power Participant

Anyone got this working? I have the same issue.

I'm using a "Get user profile v2" in my flow i would like to get the Calendar for the user from the "Get user profile" and then create and event in that users calendar

I would love to know if you found a workaround for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,298)