cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Post Patron
Post Patron

Get email for Employee ID

Is there a way for me to get an employee email if I have their employee ID?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCNehs ,

You could use the Get user profile action to get the email address of the user with the user id:

1.png

2.png

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

What ID are you referring to, and where are you getting it from?

Every employee receives an ID number at our company in Active Directory.  The manager types that employee ID into the list item when someone new starts the company.  

SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

SharePoint list I assume?  Does that same list item contain their email?

Using a SharePoint list with customized form.  The list item does have something for the admins to enter the email address later, however not all employees have an email when their ID is added to AD.  For contractors, the email must be requested.  It should be in AD by their start date.  Trying to eliminate the admins from having to enter it.  Sometimes it's forgotten and the welcome emails do not get to the new person.

SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Custom field in AD?

I don't know. I was trying to find more information about getting an employee's UPN and try to do that possibly?

SCTdan
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You can try to just use the Search for Users (V2) connector.  Not sure how big your org is, if you've got people with the same name then you might need to do some extra filtering after the fact.  That'll return the email 

I'll have a look.  Very large org.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DCNehs ,

You could use the Get user profile action to get the email address of the user with the user id:

1.png

2.png

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

How does the "Get User Profile" connector use the "output" of the Compose connector if the Compose Output is _after_ the Get User Profile connector in the workflow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,413)