cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fuxx

Get email from sharepoint list by column criteria

Hi!

I am building an automatically triggered flow for approvals. I’d like to get the email address from a sharepoint list. This list consists of two columns. Column 1 contains the department and column 2 the email address. The flow should get the email address by the department in column 1.

The reason why I am doing this is to host variable email addresses to static departments easily. Because some colleagues are not familiar with MS flow. They should change email address in the list and the flow adopts it.

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Fuxx  you can use get Item when an item was modified or created

comar.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata 

I know “Get Item”. But how would the “Syntax” look like?

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Fuxx  what you can do is create a condition no manage the data that you are getting from the sharepoint list.

But if you are trying to just see some change in a certain column and the get just that change. This is not possible in PA yet.

You can leave it as idea: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I am a bit confused. So the flow should be like that:

It’s triggered when a item was created in a SP library called  “disposals”.

Then it should get the email address from a list called “approval instances” with the column “department” and column “email”. The email should be get by department. The values in department stay constant, but the assigned email will change from time to time.

Then there is the approval function which should get the email from previous step.

Sorry if my first post was not detailed enough.

@Fuxx  mmm I don't know if I get your example but see this is what I understand.

In this example I have 1 list that starts my flow.

Another in where I have my departments and approvals emails

Then I use a condition to select just deparment that are in the list 1 and compare wuth the list 2 deparments

so if the deparment that my triggers is eq to some deparment in list y start an approval

The approval section use the dynamic content that has the email that belongs to the deparment that was equals in the condition part. 

asd.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Get item should be like this:

Go to list “approver instances” select email where department is equal static variable.

@Fuxx  yes something like that

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,740)