cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olimilo
Level: Powered On

Get email notification if a specific file on a Sharepoint folder gets updated

Okay, so I tried this flow and it doesn't quite get the job done because I get email notifications whenever someone updates any file on the specified Sharepoint folder. Is there a way to only get notified if XYZFile gets updated?

woo.png

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get email notification if a specific file on a Sharepoint folder gets updated

Hi @olimilo,

Could you please share an sample of the XYZ file that you mentioned?

Do you want to get notified only when the specified file (XYZ file) is updated?

If you want to get notified only when the specified file (XYZ file) is updated, you could consider take a try to add Condition to check if the updated file is the specified file, if yes, send the notification, if no, do nothing.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

Within Condition box, left input box set to File name with extension dynamic content of the trigger, right input box set to the file name of a specified file (on my side, it is TaskLists.xlsx), within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

Note: I assume that if the specified file TaskLists.xlsx is updated in my SharePoint library, the flow would send an notification.

The flow works successfully as below:

When the specific file is updated:

7.JPG

When any other files are updated:8.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,739)