cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seba1987

Get emails (V3) - count unread / bypass 25 limit

Hi,

I tried to do this myself but I cannot find any solution on the internet.

I have the following situation:

I want to monitor the actual number of unread e-mails of multiple inboxes. The total number from each user can be pushed to a Teams channel or updated inside a share point Excel file, but that is not my problem. The users usually have more than 25 unread so I have a problem with the "Get emails" limitation of 25.

I was thinking if there maybe is some function that I couldn't find that will just "read" the total number of unread mails in the inbox and provide this number.

If that is not possible my idea would be to create a flow which will "count" the individual message IDs of all unread mails in the inbox. But I don't know how to make a flow which will execute this action.

If you think there is a way to do it - please share it with me. Your help is very much appreciated.

@AKRogers I saw a different thread where you were working with message IDs in a somewhat related case, maybe you can help? 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Seba

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seba1987 ,

Sorry for there is no any way to achieve the requirement since there is a limitation of 25 for the "Get emails" action and there is no any alternative ways for the issue.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @seba1987 

You could use Get emails (V3) and set Fetch only unread message to No.

image.png

Then add a For Each Loop to iterate the results. Inside the loop add an IF condition to check whether IsRead property is true or false?

image.png

What I am not sure is how many records this will return?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#known-issues-and-limitations

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seba1987 ,

Sorry for there is no any way to achieve the requirement since there is a limitation of 25 for the "Get emails" action and there is no any alternative ways for the issue.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi,

thank you both for taking your time and looking into this. It is unfortunate but I will have to look for another way to achieve my goal.

Best regards,

Sebastian

AKRogers
Helper V
Helper V

Hey @seba1987! I know you've already marked this with a solution, but I do have one idea.  It's a workaround, but it may help.  

What if you create a SharePoint list with one item per mailbox you're monitoring, and create a column called "unread count"?  When an email comes in you could increment that number.  This is a bit hacky, so you'd probably need to manually clear out that number once those mailboxes are checked and the emails are read, or have a flow you can manually start to do the same thing.

Again, hacky, but you'd be able to surface that "unread count" number right in a Teams tab for visibility.  

Good luck!!

Ashley

fehann

Hello, hope I am not too late. The workaround I found is if you can mark all you emails as unread before you run the flow, you are able to retrieving all of them by unmarking them as you are getting the emails. The flow will continue running until there are no more unread emails, this is accomplished by creating the variable, updating it at each iteration and unmarking as read the emails you already got, the Do until action will stop when length(variable) reaches zero.Capturar.PNGCapturar1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (21,062)